Atkin Jones Limited trading as Sanderson Phillips (“SP”), registered in England (company number 09958092), whose registered office is The Deva Suite, 36 Adder Hill, Great Boughton, Chester, England (“we”, “us” and “our”) takes the privacy rights of our clients very seriously. As the data controller, we will process Your Personal Data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, which ensures that we will handle Your Personal Data in a lawful, fair and transparent manner.
Your Personal Data
How We Collect Your Personal Data
We will collect and process Your Personal Data whenever you disclose Your Personal Data to us:
• Generally, this will be when you first become an SP client or
• When changes to Your Personal Data are sent to us (i.e. new staff members, new contacts at hotel properties)
• When hotel properties you are featuring/selling advise us of changes in contacts
• when you submit a request through our website and you provide Your Personal Data
How We Use Your Information
We use your Personal Data to:
• process your registration to use the SP Online Portal and provide you with a log-in profile
• provide you with information, including monthly update reports on the Grade Changes of hotel properties within the SP Portal, or immediate Grade Status changes that require your urgent action (i.e. a property being graded
from or to ‘Red’)
• Seek feedback/opinion on our services or potential future changes to our procedures and processes
• contact hotel properties you advise us you are selling/featuring in brochures or on websites in order to obtain a completed self-inspection checklist
Retention of Your Personal Data
We retain Your Personal Data for as long as you remain a subscribed client of SP.
Cookies are small amounts of information that are sent to and are stored on your computer. We use them to identify you when you visit our website, and to make your use of our website more convenient for you. If you do not wish to have Cookies placed on your computer you can disable Cookies on your Internet browser.
With your consent, we will collect details from you such as a contact name, email address and telephone number of individuals at hotel properties you are featuring/selling in order to contact them and obtain a completed self-inspection checklist. We may also collect details from you for other organisations such as DMC, local agent and/or marketing/representation companies.
In addition to the uses described in the previous sections above, we may also use Your Personal Data for our interests including for marketing, market research and related purposes, such as:
• providing you with information about our products and services via email which may be of interest to you;
• asking you to participate in market research
Your Right To Opt Out
You have a right to opt-out of receiving information at any time. To opt-out of receiving Grade Change and/or Status updates, marketing or market research emails, you can contact us at email@example.com, however if you wish to opt-out of receiving Grade Change and/or Status updates, you may miss vital information on the sales status of hotel properties you are featuring/selling.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data to Third Parties/Data Sharing
We will disclose or share Your Personal Data to any Third Party, unless there is a legitimate business reason to do so, such as:
• We may pass on Your Personal Data to the hotel properties you are selling/featuring to encourage them to complete a self-inspection checklist
• We may pass on Your Personal Data to Destination Management Companies or local agents you are working with in order for them to encourage the hotel properties you are selling/featuring to complete a self-inspection checklist
Information you provide to us is stored on SP’s secure servers and those of our Portal host. Appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures are in place, designed to secure Your Personal Data against accidental loss and unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. In addition, we limit access to Your Personal Data to those employees and contractors that have a legitimate business need for such access.
Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access the SP Portal, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. SP does not have access to these passwords.
Legal Basis For Processing Your Personal Data
We will only use Your Personal Data where the law allows us to. We will use Your Personal Data because you have given us clear consent to use it for a specific purpose, namely:
• contacting the hotel properties you are featuring/selling
• reporting the results of our audits to you via emailed Grade Change and/or Status reports
Access To, Updating, Deleting and Restricting Use of Your Personal Data
It is important that the personal data we hold about you (and your hotel properties) is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if Your Personal Data changes.
Data protection legislation gives you the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances or withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data where this has been provided. You also have the right to access information held about you and for this to be provided in an intelligible form. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal data, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also ask us to undertake the following:
• update or amend Your Personal Data if you feel this is inaccurate;
• remove Your Personal Data from our database entirely;
• send you copies of Your Personal Data in a commonly used format
• restrict the use of Your Personal Data.
Right to Withdraw Consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of Your Personal Data, you may withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of data processing based on consent before it is withdrawn. To withdraw your consent please contact us at email@example.com.
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this policy or how we use Your Personal Data, please contact us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01244 350904, Mon-Fri 09.00-17.00hrs.
If you wish to raise a concern or make a complaint about how SP has handled your information, you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ . The ICO is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.
Sanderson Phillips Limited
The Deva Suite, 36 Adder Hill, Great Boughton, Chester, CH2 3HQ, UK.
01244 350904 ¦ email@example.com ¦ Twitter: @SP_TravelSafety ¦ Company number 09958092