COVID-19 Update: We have launched specific audits for hotels to complete in order to ensure they have adequate measures in place to prepare for re-opening post COVID-19, or if hotels are already open and are looking for current best-practice hygiene guidelines. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here for more information.
Our proven method of accommodation auditing takes the form of an online self-assessment checklist, administered entirely by Sanderson Phillips on behalf of our clients. Our checklists are individually tailored to each type of property and focus on key areas of accommodation safety including:
- Management Responsibility & Emergency Planning
- Fire Safety
- Fossil Fuel & Electrical Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Swimming Pool & Jacuzzi Safety
- Balcony Safety
- Legionnaires’ Disease & Water Safety
- Transportation (included in the room rate)
- General Safety (including Public Liability Insurance & National certification/licencing)
In-depth analysis of the completed checklists is carried out by our team of expert safety consultants until we are satisfied that each property has taken all reasonable skill and care to prevent accident and illness. We work in conjunction with hotels to address any safety concerns until they are rectified.
We offer a range of accommodation audits to suit all requirements and budgets. Clients can choose to subscribe to one, multiple or all of our 15 geographical regions which will deliver immediate access to all existing Standard audit results within that region. Individual or bulk auditing services are also available, including a bespoke audit service which allows clients the flexibility to create a unique set of standards and assessment criteria.
- Standard – meeting minimum requirements as per Internationally-recognised accommodation safety standards
- Extended – deeper questioning on key topics for a greater level of due diligence
- Combined – our full audit including Extended accommodation questions and all ancillary audits (transfers, excursions/activities, accessibility, sustainability and Modern Slavery Act)
- Bespoke – select multiple audits from our range of templates, or create a unique audit with specific questions based on your own requirements
- Physical – an on-site inspection by one of our consultants
The results of our Standard accommodation audits are shared with all clients and this community approach creates a combined leverage which ensures a high response rate from hotels and suppliers. Extended, Complete, Bespoke and Physical audit results remain solely for the clients who instruct us to undertake them.
Our extensive database of over 14,000 audits across 152 countries is available via an online Portal accessible by our clients 24/7 and can also be delivered via a live API weblink feed. Where required, we can provide factual evidence and a paper trail of all audits and communications with properties.